Director of Purchasing
This position is not eligible for telecommuting.
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for the oversite of adequate inventory levels to support service level goals, achieving a positive customer experience while balancing budgetary objectives, and ensuring all products are accurately promoted through web media. The Director of Purchasing provides feedback to the Purchasing Manager, R & D Manager, and Sr. Engineer regarding their prospective areas and initiatives. Additional responsibilities include working with Product Management, Engineering, & R&D to determine new product introductions and development.
- Meet business and profitability growth objectives and participate in developing, implementing and administering company and departmental policies, goals and objectives.
- Develop KPIs for strategic sourcing with cyclical delivery which drives continuous improvement.
- Manage & cultivate new and existing vendor relationships with a large portfolio of supply vendors, both domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate favorable payment and delivery terms with new and existing suppliers.
- Identify additional product offerings through researching existing and new vendors.
- Source new raw material suppliers and continuous evaluation of existing raw material availability.
- Formulate, manage, and execute cost savings and innovation proposals.
- Develop and implement forward thinking procurement strategies to both optimize spending and minimize risk and generate savings.
- Assess staff competencies; develop and retain high performing staff.
- Ensure the department meets order fill-rate goals by stocking adequate inventory.
- Manage workflow from initiation to completion.
- Oversight of all purchases and direct approval for any high dollar purchases.
- Negotiate small parcel, truck freight, and international transportation pricing contracts.
- Collaborates with Product Management to ensure new products are accurately added to the company’s internal database, website, and notify Sales Department.
- Participates in SKU rationalization process in conjunction with the Product Management Department.
- Facilitate the resolution of product or material quality issues or concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, supply chain or related field and 5 years’ experience, or equivalent level of experience.
- Applied knowledge of strategic planning processes and implementation.
- Ability to effectively supervise and develop individuals for key positions in purchasing and product development through involvement style of leadership.
- Strong Business Results Orientation: Ability to align procurement agenda with broader business parameters.
- Knowledge of business and purchasing metrics coupled with the ability to develop and apply appropriate measures to track purchasing and new product sales effectiveness.
- Experience in or high-level of knowledge about the car after-market industry.
- Ability to research sources of products that will sell in the after-market industry.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- AS400 & Infor XA experience a huge plus.
The Purchasing Director is subject to manipulating hands and wrists and sustain eyestrain for prolonged periods of time as this person is subject to many hours of utilizing computers. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, squat, and lift or move up to 15 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HAZARDS:
The Director of Purchasing works in a well-lighted, temperature-controlled environment. The position is subject to repetitive motions of the fingers, hands, wrists, and arms.
Extra Mile Brands has manufactured and distributed automotive parts, accessories, and performance products for over 40 years! As a collective whole, our family of brands and experts pride ourselves in providing high-quality parts and super customer service to the global aftermarket community of automotive enthusiasts. Our brands include Auto Accessories of America, Corvette America, and Top Flight Automotive!
Total annual compensation range is $100,000 – 165,000, commensurate with experience.
Relocation assistance available.
The Director of Purchasing position is not eligible for remote work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $165,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
The Manufacturing Associate may be assigned to work in several departments depending on workload and is responsible for ensuring the expectations of its internal and the company’s external customers are met by completing intermediate and final production processes. The Manufacturing Associate will inspect each product to find and correct flaws prior to routing it to the next operation or inspection station. Place all cosmetic and needed hardware on the product, cut and glue excess material, and clean the product to ensure customer satisfaction.